The department BMM (UG) was established in 2016-17.
The M.A in Entertainment Media & Advertising was started in 2015-16. The objective of this course is as follows
- To prepare students in the managerial aspects of Film Television & New Media, as required by the present media environment all across globe.
- To empower the students in the managerial & basic production aspects of the media business with due emphasis on latest business practices, along with marketing and branding management of various media products and associated services.
- To develop creative temperament and mindset needed in the content production & management segment of media industry.
- To inculcate competencies thereby enabling to undertake professional work.
- To provide an active industry interface by way of co‐learning.
- To take the students through the entire pipe line of managerial process with regards to the content creation for various media pads, monetization on various media pads, providing the students an insight in to the correlation that exists between content creation and associated commercial aspects of media business.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Mrs. Pooja Bhardwaj
Mr. Akash Purswani
Department of MASS MEDIA,
5th floor, Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College,
Opposite Ghatkopar Railway Station,
Ghatkopar West, Mumbai 400086, Maharashtra, INDIA.
The students have access to the Central Library Updating is done on the recommendation of the faculty members as well as Library Committee. The Library also subscribes periodicals and magazines.
- Computer : 9
- Laptop : 2
- Projector : 2
- Printer : 2
- Xerox : 1
Jio Leased Line connection (50 Mbps)
A candidate for being eligible for admission to the degree course in Bachelor of MultiMedia (BMM) shall have passed XIIth Std. Examination of Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent from the Science, Arts or Commerce Stream. No college shall conduct any entrance test in any form and the admissions are purely based on merit duly following the reservation policy as per the norms of Government of Maharashtra. While drawing the merit list, weightage has to be given to students from Arts, Commerce and Science Stream at 12th Standard level. The stream wise weightage to be given is as under:
The applications are to be accepted and processed by the colleges
stream wise separately and the merit list is to be displayed stream
wise taking into account the reservation policy prescribed by
Government of Maharashtra.
a. The merit list is to be prepared and displayed stream wise.
b. In case if no application is received from any stream, the vacant seats are to be distributed equally between the two streams only.
c. After the first merit list is displayed, if any seat allotted to one stream remains vacant, the same shall be distributed equally between the remaining two streams. In case of vacancy in one stream is of single/odd number of seats, the single seat is to be allotted to the Arts Stream. In case if no application is available from the two streams, then all the vacant seats of such two streams must be transferred to the third stream.
Step (c) be repeated for the subsequent merit lists till all the forms are exhausted or the final merit list is displayed, whichever is earlier.
Ordinance No: O. 5206
Circular No: No.UG/279 of 2007, Dated 16th June, 2007
Any Graduate from University of Mumbai or any other University as per the eligibility approved by University of Mumbai.
- SWAYAM (Free Online Education)
- ePathshala (A Gateway to all Postgraduate Courses)
- KHAN Academy (Free World Calss Education Resource)
- GOORU (Gooru is a search engine for learning)
- Spoken Tutorial (Spoken Tutorial Resources)
- MITOPENCOURSEWARE (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Open Online Learning)
- Academic Earth (Online lectures of World’s Top Universities)
- Harvard University Channel
- Yale University Online Courses
- edX (Great Courses from the worlds best Universities)