The Department of Information Technology at Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College, Ghatkopar, Mumbai was established in 2007. The Department offers both undergraduate (B.Sc. IT) and postgraduate (M.Sc. IT) programmes. The M.Sc IT programme was introduced in the year 2016.
- Ms. Archana Bhide (In Charge – UG)
- Ms. Bharti Bhole (In Charge – PG)
Department of Information Technology
4th Floor, Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College,
Opposite Ghatkopar Railway Station,
Ghatkopar West, Mumbai 400086, Maharashtra, INDIA.
There is a separate Library for Information Technology. The students have access to the Central Library as well as Departmental Library. More than 1200 books in the departmental library. Updating is done on the recommendation of the faculty members as well as Library Committee. The Library also subscribes periodicals and magazines.
- 135 Desktop Computers with latest configurations
Jio Leased Line connection (50 Mbps)
- Departmental Library, Book Bank, Mounted Projectors in all classrooms
- Raspberry Pi Boards-Model B+ with accessories (GPS Module, Fingerprint Scanner, RFID Card Reader etc.) – 25 in numbers
- Embedded Trainer Kits with required modules – 8051 (15 in numbers), arduino uno (6 in numbers)
- Digital Logic trainer kits with IC’s- 20 in numbers
- 8085 Microprocessor programming kits – 15 in numbers
BSc. IT is a three years full time course which is designed around the core practices currently followed in IT industry.
Eligibility: A candidate for being eligible for admission to the degree course of Bachelor of Science – Information Technology , shall have passed XII Standard Examination of the Maharashtra Board of Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
Candidates who have passed Diploma in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/ Computer Technology / Information Technology / Electrical, Electronic and Allied Branches, Mechanical and Allied Branches, Civil and Allied Branches of Engineering after S.S.C. (Xth) are Eligible for admission to direct admission to the Second Year of the B.Sc.(IT) degree course. However, the Diploma should be recognised by the Board of Technical Education or any other recognized Government body.
Students with post H.S.C. – Diploma in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Computer Technology / Information Technology and allied branches will be eligible for direct admission to the Second Year of B.Sc. (IT). However, the Diploma should be recognized by the Board of Technical Education or any other recognized Government body.
Curriculum: The BSc IT program consists of six semesters. In each semester, students will study five theory and five practical courses. BSc IT program is focused on the following key areas: Programming, Networking, Database Management and Data Analysis, Embedded Systems and IOT, Internet Security, GIS.
Career Prospects:Successful graduates of B.Sc. IT course interested in further studies in the discipline may go for pursuing M.Sc. IT, MCA, MBA etc. For those interested in pursuing it professionally, Software Development, Software Testing, Networking, Data Analysis, Android Programming are the major areas.
MSc. IT: M.Sc. IT is a 2 years post graduate degree program. During these 2 years, students are given both theoretical as well as practical knowledge in the field of IT (Information Technology).
Curriculum: The MSc IT program consists of four semesters. In each semester, students will study four subjects.This program is designed to fulfill the latest demand in the field of IT Industry. Major areas of focus would be Cloud Computing, AWS, Digital Image Processing and Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Robotics, Computer Forensics, Ethical Hacking etc.
Eligibility: Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Physics/Stats/Electronics or equivalent examination from a recognized university.
- NPTEL – https://nptel.ac.in/
- SWAYAM – https://swayam.gov.in/
- Coursera – https://www.coursera.org/
- Udemy – https://www.udemy.com/
- W3Schools – https://www.w3schools.com/
- Quora – https://www.quora.com
- InformationTechnology RJCOLLEGE Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdeGKR-51gby3ikAZRSQIg
- Viral Science -Youtube Channel by our student. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA0hVjN35YmMZLyZkES-Pg
10,819 total views, 76 views today