Every organization must maintain a moral profile to gain credibility in the eyes of the stakeholders and build a good institutional image . Ethical conduct is to be practiced in all facets of the institutional operations and activities, policy decision making, implementation, and follow up .It is not only necessary to frame ethical standards but also to ensure that the standards and benchmarks set are followed in letter and spirit.
In an educational institution, Ethical behavior and conduct are to be followed by all the participants in the teaching – learning- evaluation process. Ethical dimensions of an Educational Institution can not be ignored and it has a significant impact on society at large.
Ethics for whom?
- Top Management (Governing body)
- Principal and Team
- Non- teaching and support staff
- Other stakeholders
Role of Ethics committee in an educational Institution
- Identifying and Understanding Ethics relevant for the institutional activities
- Establishing standards / acceptable benchmarks
- Framing ethical policies and also whistle blower policies to report deviations
- Education and creating awareness
- Review of policies or practices
Areas for Ethical applications
- Day to day administration
- Teaching – learning-Evaluation
- Research and Project consultancy
- Professional conduct
Role of Institutional Ethical Committee / Ethical Review Board
- Establishing procedures to deal with ethical deviations / professional misconduct
- Assist the Unfair means Committee to investigate into reported cases
- Support the Vigilance squad to maintain overall dignity, discipline and decorum of the institution
- To ensure protection and safety of whistle blowers and acknowledge their contribution in maintaining the ethical standards
983 total views, 4 views today