Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College is a premier educational institution, established in 1963 in Ghatkopar, Mumbai. Since its inception, it has expanded by leaps and bounds, both in quality education & expertise, carving out a reputation as an academic power house, and has become a byword for quality education. Thousands of students have graduated through its portals & spread in high positions in various capacities, in government, private & research institutions.
Chemistry department of R. J. College is envisioned by Hindi Vidya Prachar Samiti. Department of chemistry caters to around 800+ students from F.Y.B.Sc. to Ph.D. programme.
R.J. Chemistry department has unique distinction of having DBT star status since 2014, due to relentless efforts and dedication of outstanding faculty, supporting staff & management. College boasts of well equipped laboratories, studded with latest instruments like Electrochemical measurement system, Spectrophotometer, Colorimeter, HPLC, etc.
Our undergraduate & post graduate results are far better than the overall result of that announced by University of Mumbai. Suffice it to say that students are well groomed in theory & practicals, opening greater avenues for job & research opportunities. It would be understatement to say we possess state of art, infrastructure, equipment for all encompassing knowledge of the subject.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. Seema Ratnaparkhi (Head)
Department of Chemistry,
Ground Floor, Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College,
Opposite Ghatkopar Railway Station,
Ghatkopar West, Mumbai 400086, Maharashtra, INDIA.
There is a separate Library for Chemistry. The students have access to the Central Library as well as Departmental Library. Updating is done on the recommendation of the faculty members as well as Library Committee. The Library also subscribes periodicals and magazines.
Jio Leased Line connection (50 Mbps)
- SWAYAM (Free Online Education)
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
- ePathshala (A Gateway to all Postgraduate Courses)
- Virtual Lab (A Initiative of MHRD Mission on Education through ICT)
- KHAN Academy (Free World Calss Education Resource)
- GOORU (Gooru is a search engine for learning)
- Spoken Tutorial (Spoken Tutorial Resources)
- MITOPENCOURSEWARE (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Open Online Learning)
- Academic Earth (Online lectures of World’s Top Universities)
- Harvard University Channel
- Yale University Online Courses
- edX (Great Courses from the worlds best Universities)