GIA campus Drive on 24th April 2019 at 10.00 am
GIA India Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
5th Floor, Trade Centre,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai,
Contact Person: – Jasdeep Singh
Job Description: –
Job Title: – Diamond Grader Associate
Department: – Grading
Job Role: –
- Perform the summative evaluation of diamonds in accordance with the International Diamond Grading System and document identifying features required for the initial draft of GIA Diamond Grading Reports.
Essential Duties: –
- Perform the following and other duties assigned to meet production goals (quality & quantity).
- Evaluate a diamond and determine the initial clarity, polish and symmetry grades in accordance with GIA standards.
- Follow standard grading methodology and examination techniques to evaluate a diamond using proper tools and devices (i.e. microscope, loupe, tweezers, etc.).
- Apply basic knowledge of GIA policies and procedures to identify characteristics present in the diamond, and electronically map observations onto a diagram by using GIA’s proprietary systems.
- Learn to interpret and follow documentation policies and procedures to efficiently represent characteristics and treatments present in the diamond by using GIA’s proprietary systems.
- Participate in ongoing professional training and testing for continuous grading development.
- Meet required Diamond Grader (L4) qualification criteria (quality and quantity) within specified timeline
- Perform other duties as assigned or per business needs.
- Any Graduate Bachelor’s degree.
- Must complete GIA Graduate Diamonds Program within 9 months of training start date.
Description of Success Factors: –
- Personal accountability: learn and improve performance; take personal responsibility for decisions, actions & outcomes.
- Technical knowledge: ability to learn, retain and apply grading knowledge (includes receiving and applying feedback from mentors/more experienced staff).
- Service mindset: drive and motivation to meet production and quality requirements.
- Decision quality/Problem solving: ability to identify issues; know how to escalate an issue or to ask for guidance.
- Analytical skills: learn to apply analytical thinking and deductive reasoning to daily work; ability to learn to articulate the issues/reasoning to reach the initial evaluation of diamonds.
- Visual perception (being able to make sense of what you see), depth perception, understanding of spatial relationship – ability to map a 3-Dimensional object into 2-D diagram with accuracy.
- Ability to use gemological equipment (microscope and loupe) to evaluate the diamond, and hand-held tools (tweezers, stone holder) to manipulate diamonds.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow standard procedures or instruction (proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English required).
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate professionally and collaborate with a diverse group of individuals – actively listen and communicate with others in a timely & professional manner; ask questions, receive and apply feedback; proactively participate in training discussions.
- Sound skills in computer software (MS Office).
- Ability to work in close physical proximity with other staff, while utilizing shared equipment.
- Detail oriented – ability to produce accurate detailed work and documentation.
- Ability to work independently in a production-oriented laboratory environment.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to create positive interactions with colleagues and a team; actively communicate with others in a timely & professional manner; maintain good working relationship with others and peers.
- Time management skills: approach work in an organized and systematic manner”.
Senior Executive – Human Resources
B: +91 22 4085 1500